Want to experience the Kowie River like never before? Enquire about a day trip to explore the river and the secret vistas that unfold around every bend.
Fun things to do on a day trip:
- Fish with the family. Kid’s love fishing from the boat as they don’t have to cast far.
- Tan on the sundeck, whilst enjoying the peace and quiet that only nature offers.
- Visit Mansfield Game Reserve. Have a braai, swim in the pool next to the river and relax while the kids play on the jungle gyms and trampolines. Book a game drive (enquire with us) or have a meal at Black Rock Restaurant (December only). You might just get a surprise visit from Gambit the giraffe!
- Swim in the river. The water is nice and warm upstream.
- Have a braai on the boat. Cook a freshly caught fish or take some meat with on the trip. Weber braai and utensils supplied.
- Catch giant crabs! Biggest you have seen. Great fun to catch with crab lines, and even greater eating. Careful the pincers.
- Take binoculars! Bird and game viewing at its best. Look out for the giraffes at Mansfield game reserve, especially Gambit, the keeper of the reserve.
- Don’t want to come home? Call us and upgrade to a night out on the water .