Our Houseboats in Port Alfred are your home away from home, complete with a fitted kitchen (we call it a galley), fully-functional bathroom, built-in CD player and, last but not least, a Weber braai for the one that didn’t get away…
Kitchen utensils, crockery, cutlery, electric fridge, gas stove, geyser and bedding are all included, so it truly will feel like home.
The boat comfortably sleeps 4 adults and a child on 2 double beds and a cushioned couch. Or, bring a sleeping bag and sleep under the stars on the tanning deck!
Day trips allow for up to 7 passengers, so bring everyone including granny. Just leave the dog at home.
A skipper can be arranged on weekends when possible, enquire in advance.
Want to experience the Kowie River like never before? Enquire about a day trip to explore the river and the secret vistas that unfold around every bend.
Fun things to do on a day trip:
- Fish with the family. Kid’s love fishing from the boat as they don’t have to cast far.
- Tan on the sundeck, whilst enjoying the peace and quiet that only nature offers.
- Visit Mansfield Game Reserve. Have a braai, swim in the pool next to the river and relax while the kids play on the jungle gyms and trampolines. Book a game drive (enquire with us) or have a meal at Black Rock Restaurant (December only). You might just get a surprise visit from Gambit the giraffe!
- Swim in the river. The water is nice and warm upstream.
- Have a braai on the boat. Cook a freshly caught fish or take some meat with on the trip. Weber braai and utensils supplied.
- Catch giant crabs! Biggest you have seen. Great fun to catch with crab lines, and even greater eating. Careful the pincers.
- Take binoculars! Bird and game viewing at its best. Look out for the giraffes at Mansfield game reserve, especially Gambit, the keeper of the reserve.
- Don’t want to come home? Call us and upgrade to a night out on the water .
View our Day Trips rates.
Get in touch with our fishing partners and get advice on bait, tackle and the best spots to find the big ones!
Fishing up a storm!
Why go home when the sun sets? The big ones bite at night, so get ready for great fishing between dusk and dawn and find that perfect cove along the cliffs where the deep holes harbour the big fish!
Tailing grunter, chasing leerie and hungry cob await those anglers who are willing to take advice from our famous fishing partners the Alcock Brothers. Give them a call or visit their shop in Port Elizabeth and get great advice from guys who specialize in fishing our Eastern Cape rivers and estuaries.
Visit and follow their Facebook page for more info: Alcocks Fishing Tackle
*Fishing permits required – get yours from the local post office.
Treat that someone special to a romantic night out on the water… Reconnect, find each other again and return recharged and ready to take on life and all it’s challenges.
Book our Couples Getaway package for 2 nights on the water, and we will include a bottle of champers and a snack basket.
Teach her (or him) to fish, or view game, take photos and explore every private nook and cranny on the picturesque Kowie River. Ask us about Black Rock Restaurant (December) and game drives at Mansfield Game Reserve to end a perfect day with your loved one.